January 19, 2018
This year, in place of a ‘resolution’ I have set goals. I find that these are different than resolutions in the way I approach them. I have learned, in recent years, that goals by themselves aren’t enough. Goals require a time frame and action steps to reach the destination. I’m going to walk you through one of my goals.
So my first goal this year is to make my health a priority. Seems too broad stated that way, wouldn’ you agree? I’ll break it down.
- I want to be fit,
- have the endurance to run a half marathon, and
- fit into size 6-8 clothing.
I want all the above stated to be accomplished by May 1, 2018.
That’s better! So what are the action steps.
- Clean up my diet. Starting immediately, I will remove grains, sugars and most dairy from my plate. I will add healthy proteins only and eat lots of fresh vegetables along with a little bit of fruit and good fats.
- I will continue to take my Daily Essentials.
- I will make my yoga practice 2 times a week and add 2 days of running to it.
When I reach May 1st, I want to read this statement as my truth. I will read it daily to help me stay focused on and achieving this goal.
It is May 1, 2018, I feel and look better than ever. I have shaped my body to fit into a lean size 6/8. I have the stamina to run a half marathon and am strong and flexible.
I hope my example helps you get to your goal, whatever it may be.